Knowing yourself and the warning signs of addictive gambling is the first step in responsible gaming, even while in the paradise of Jamaica.
Responsible gaming is all about knowing yourself and the proper warning signs when it comes to compulsive gambling. Follow our easy guidelines below and ride the waves to paradise!
Life is just a beach in Jamaica so it'll do your body and mind some good if you have the right attitude towards gambling.
If you go into it expecting to always win and win big, you are setting yourself up for some serious trouble storms! Our best tip is to relax and smile big, because it's all about the journey and not just the destination.
Bad Mojo Signs to Look Out For
- Physical sickness like ulcers, depression, alcoholism, drug-use
- Increased irritability with friends, family and co-workers
- Asking for constant loans or even resorting to criminal activity to raise funds
- Constantly being pre-occupied with gambling
- Spending increased time and money, which includes betting more than you can actually lose
- Irritable if unable to gamble (a withdrawal symptom)
Where to Turn for Help
There are established Gamblers Anonymous groups formed in Jamaica.
Remember, not all gamblers are addicted and there is no shame in asking for help if you feel even the slightest bit out of control.